Spintz offers following three development model to its client :
For additional flexibility, these options can be used in combination to achieve fast, high quality results.
In this approach, all the activities are performed at the customer site on T&M model. The project management and design & development teams are all based at that location. Customer's sponsors work closely with the Spintz project management and design team to establish deliverables, timelines, team composition, etc. Day-to-day supervision of the activities is handled by a combination of the customer's team and Spintz team. This approach is ideal for engagements where:
- The scope has not been defined in detail
- The scope may undergo a number of changes
- The deliverables or the requirements can change dynamically
- Timelines are aggressive
- Information is confidential, proprietary, or the customer has other concerns about the security of information
In this approach, work is actually performed at the Spintz Software Development Centers (SDC) located in India at Bangalore on T&M or Fixed Cost model. Prior to the beginning of any work, Spintz team meets with the customer team to work out details of the engagement. The scope of the project, the deliverables, screen layouts, reporting, functionality, timelines, etc. are all defined in detail. A small mockup of the actual application may also be developed during this phase to understand the look-and-feel of the end product. After the definition phase, the work activity is performed at the SDC. Progress reports and deliverables will be made available to the customer at pre-agreed intervals. The customer, if they choose, can be provided remote access into the development server via a VPN or some other secure means. By accessing the development server remotely, the customer can monitor progress in real time, and maintain overall control even though work is being carried out offsite. This approach is ideal for engagements where:
- Budget is limited
- The scope will not undergo any more changes once the requirements are agreed upon
- Timelines are aggressive
- A reduction in the day-to-day monitoring and control is acceptable
Our experience in onsite, offshore delivery models allows us in helping the customer by creating a hybrid delivery model that depends on the customer's choice and the uniqueness of the solution being requested.
This model is ideal when
- The detail definition of the scope is dependent on the time and the funds available with the client
- The scope may undergo a few of changes
- The deliverables or the requirements are handled in groups rather than in their entirety
- Timelines may or may not be aggressive
- The customer has other concerns about the security of information so a part of the project could be onsite and part offsite or offshore.
This model and its processes may not offer cost savings as high as offsite or offshore delivery models but certainly can be very beneficial to customers who want to make sure that their funds and information are well utilized and managed even by choosing multiple delivery models for a single project.
Benefits of Hybrid Delivery Model
- Need-based allocation of resources
- Need-based implementation of requirements
- Structured Quality Process
- Up to 40%-60% cost reduction
- Real-time virtual monitoring